Scabies is an infestation of small mites that burrow into the skin and cause itchy rashes. People with scabies need medical treatment to get rid of the mites. Sometimes an individual can become resistant to the treatment so may wish to try at-home remedies as well.
Read the infographic by “draxe.com” in order to know the ways to prevent Scabies.
Anyone trying a home remedy for scabies should consult a doctor if the infestation does not clear up or show signs of improving.
Here are the best home remedies for Scabies treatment:
- Tea tree oil – It can help alleviate some of the itchiness associated with scabies, in addition to other treatments.
- Aloe vera – It is well-known for its soothing effect on sunburn and other skin ailments. Aloe vera is usually considered safe to use with minimal side effects reported.
- Neem – Neem has analgesic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. This is one of the best home remedies for Scabies.
- Clove oil – Clove oil is effective in treating scabies in a group of rabbits and pigs. Other oils tested did not perform as well as clove oil.
- Turmeric – Little evidence supports the effectiveness of turmeric in treating scabies and is useful in skin rash treatment. However, some people claim that it is effective in alleviating the symptoms.