Rosacea Skin Care Routine – Causes and Benefits You Need to Know
Rosacea is a common skin problem causing visible blood vessels in the face along with flushing or blushing. The trademark sign of Rosacea skin is red, pus-filled, small bumps on the skin of the nose, forehead, and cheeks.
The flare-ups generally occur for weeks to months and then disappear for some time. This skin condition can affect any individual, but it is more common in people between 30 and 50. Though there is no cure for it, there are proper Rosacea skin care routines- causes and benefits you need to know that can help you control and even reduce the signs of this condition.
It is hard to determine rosacea causes. Experts consider the causes of this condition to be a blend of environmental and hereditary factors. It’s just that certain things can worsen the signs of this condition. They include:
- Consuming spicy foods
- Having intestinal bacteria called Helicobacter pylori
- Food items containing the cinnamaldehyde compound, like tomatoes, chocolates, citrus, and cinnamon
- Demodex, the skin mite that carries the bacterium Bacillus oleronius might also cause rosacea on the face.
- Drinking hot tea or coffee
- The presence of a protein called cathelicidin that protects the skin from different types of infections can cause swelling and redness.
Treatment for Rosacea
Rosacea treatment options are based on the severity of the condition. These may include:
- Avoiding all known triggers like spicy foods, alcohol, and sunlight.
- Gels and creams containing antibiotics like metronidazole can effectively treat rosacea if applied on the skin regularly.
- Antibiotics like minocycline and doxycycline can also reduce the seriousness of the rashes and bumps caused on the skin due to rosacea. However, antibiotics will only start working after three to four weeks, and they will help clear rosacea in not less than six weeks.
- Diathermy or the use of s small device to generate heat. This device is applied to the damaged blood vessels to cure the condition.
- Laser therapy to treat enlarged capillaries
- Surgery to treat the nose if it is affected or disfigured due to rhinophyma which is a result of untreated, severe rosacea.
Rosacea Skin Care Routine
Dermatologists suggest patients follow the perfect Rosacea skincare routine instead of different treatments for the condition. That’s because proper skin care can offer more benefits in controlling and reducing rosacea symptoms than different treatment procedures. Dermatologists recommended crucial skin care tips for rosacea, such as:
- Cleaning the face twice during the day to remove dirt and oil that further prevents irritation.
- Moisturizing the skin daily to hydrate it and make it feel comfortable.
- Protecting the skin from sunlight throughout the year.
- Using rosacea-friendly skincare products.
- Being gentle on the skin.
This rosacea-friendly skincare regimen offers several benefits like:
- Making the skin feel comfortable.
- Improving the results of rosacea treatment.
- Boosting the overall health of the skin.
- Reducing rosacea flare-ups.
The Bottom Line
With the causes of rosacea unknown and without a proper cure for the condition, managing this skin problem can be difficult. But only when you are unaware of the right rosacea skin care routine. Following the proper skin care regimen can help you control and even reverse the signs of this condition.