Excess oil doesn’t just happen to those with genetically oily skin. Anyone can experience an oily face in the form of breakthrough shine and excess oil throughout the day. What causes Oily skin? It happens when the sebaceous glands in the skin make too much sebum. Sebum is the waxy, oily substance that protects and hydrates the skin. Too much sebum can lead to oily skin, clogged pores, and acne.
Check out the infographic by bioelements.com, this would let you know what causes oily skin.
Here are the ways in which a person can reduce the symptoms of oily skin if it is problematic for them.
- Wash regularly: Washing regularly can reduce the amount of oil on the skin.
- Use a toner: Astringent toners that contain alcohol tend to dry out the skin.
- Pat the face dry: When drying the face after washing and using toner, people should gently pat their skin dry with a soft towel.
- Use a facial mask: Certain facial masks may be beneficial for treating oily skin.
- Apply moisturizers: Using the right moisturizers can benefit this type of skin.
Skincare for oily skin includes many things which need to be followed regularly.